Newtown Cultural Arts Commission is seeking an individual to serve as the Director of the Healing Newtown Arts Space, overseeing day-to-day administration and operations. Position currently funded for 6 months by the National Endowment for the Arts with possibility of extension if funding is available.
- Establish and execute administrative policies and procedures for office functioning and mission development
- Facilitate administrative infrastructure (office space, telephone and computer systems, software, data storage, records etc) in a cost-effective, professional manner
Coordinate Volunteers and Volunteer activities:
- Report to the NCAC on a monthly basis to update the board on all activity
- Oversee regular operating hours
- Work with NCAC to develop and execute ideas and operational requirements for events and initiatives
- Foster the development of good relations with other cultural organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate
- Engage a Connecticut Peer Review Advisor for initial planning and networking input
- Management Experience with cultural /arts organizations preferred.
- Strength in managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for HealingNewtown.org and NCAC missions
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to delegate work and authority to volunteers/staff
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficiency with computers and technology, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, record keeping systems and program scheduling software.
- Adept with all social media platforms and strategies
About HealingNewtown and the NCAC:
In the wake of December 14th,2012, HealingNewtown.org was created to facilitate, support, and coordinate all arts-focused efforts made on Newtown’s behalf today and into the future. The project is managed by the Newtown Cultural Arts Commission and, supported by The Town of Newtown, The Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut and The Connecticut Office of the Arts. The goals of HealingNewtown.org are: a) To manage and program arts healing efforts; b) To continue to coordinate the overwhelming response